Kodo millet was domesticated in India almost 3000 years ago. It is found across the old world in humid habitats of tropics and subtropics. It is a minor grain crop in India and an important crop in the Deccan plateau.
The fiber content of the whole grain is very high. Kodo millet has around 11% protein, and the nutritional value of the protein has been found to be better than that of foxtail millet.
Health benifits of varagu
- High in Nutrition which is good for children.
- High fiber content.
- Varagu rice helps hydrate your colon to keep your system regular and keep you from being constipated.
- Digestion friendly.
- Rich in photochemical, phytic acid, which lowers cholesterol, and phytate, and that helps in reduction of cancer risks.
- High antioxidant activity.
- Vargu Rice helps in controlling Blood sugar and Cholesterol.
- Great energy source especially good for athletes.
- Complete protein source when combined with legumes – ideal for a vegetarian diet.
- Varagu rice consumption decreases Triglycerides and C-Reactive Protein.
- Serotonin in the Millet calms and soothes the moods.
- Varagu rice acts as a Prebiotic feeding microflora in your inner ecosystem
- Millet is full of nutrients your body needs, such as:
- Magnesium,Fiber,Antioxidants,Tryptophan,Phoshorus,Calcium, Vitamin B and Maganese